Yoga for Schools
Helping young people live joyfully and thrive
Now more than ever, children and teens can benefit greatly from the teachings of yoga. Yoga offers an opportunity for young people to slow down, connect inward and learn valuable skills such as breathing techniques, mediation and yoga postures that will be beneficial throughout life. Framed in a fun and joyful way with themes interwoven throughout classes teamed with music, props, games and personal development exercises – students will leave the class feeling calm, centred and positive.
- Lessons taught by a qualified yoga and school teacher with over 8 years experience teaching across Primary and Secondary settings.
- A single session or package of yoga classes that include physical postures, mindfulness, meditation, breath work, relaxation, games and personal development.
- Classes that are tailored specifically to children and teens (rather than an adaption of an adults yoga class).
- Fun and engaging yoga sessions that can be general in focus or specifically tailored to the emerging needs of your school community (eg. building resilience). Classes can also link with the curriculum (eg. An ‘Outer Space’ class for primary students studying the planets).
- Provision of equipment for classes up to 26 students, more available upon request.
- Class lengths that can be tailored to you, between 45 and 90 minutes is ideal but shorter sessions can be arranged.
- Based on the Bellarine Peninsula and also servicing Geelong, the Surf Coast, the Mornington Peninsula and beyond.
Yoga for Primary Schools
With a focus on fun and learning through discovery, yoga in Primary schools includes games and stories in an energetic and purposeful way.
Yoga for Secondary Schools
With a greater emphasis on the physical benefits of yoga and management of stress and anxiety, this aims help teens manage their many demands.
Yoga for Sports Performance
Improving fitness and strength as well as mental focus, yoga for sport performance can help young athletes perform at their peak.
Yoga for Students completing VCE
Yoga for senior students teaches breathing techniques, physical poses and other techniques to manage the rigorous requirements of the final secondary school years.
The benefits of yoga for kids and teens are numerous and profound, they include...
- Decreased levels of stress
- Decreased anxiety and symptoms of perceived worry and depression
- Improved mood, increased feelings of calm and improved optimism
- Increased self regulation and resilience
- Improved focus and academic performance
- Increased physical fitness and conditioning and mind-body awareness
- Improved self esteem, self concept, self image and self awareness
Dune Folk also offers Professional Development for teachers on how to incorporate yoga, meditation and mindfulness in their classes.
Get in touch for a quote or more information on how Dune Folk can help your students to live joyfully and thrive.